Monday 30 December 2013

FLIP! Another new command for Finn

We haven't got to right and left yet, but I was playing with Finn today - throwing the ball along the passage in the house.

He can now GO on command and run right to the end of the passage without looking back.  Sometimes the ball hits something and bounces back, so he needs to turn to find it.

I thought it would be cool if I could use this to teach another word.  I decided on the word FLIP

I started to call FLIP after he'd run out on GO, and then just lob the ball near my feet.

I was totally amazed at how quickly Finn picked this up.  The first few times I let him hear the ball fall, and I called FLIP as he turned himself around.

A few more throws and I could call GO followed by FLIP and then roll the ball towards him as he came back to me to get it.

Soon I need to work on RIGHT and LEFT - but that will have to be outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.